Thursday, July 19, 2012

Got to have more!

Ah, I miss juicing!  I can't believe I am saying this, but I am ready to go back to juicing longer periods during the day.  We're eating "healthy" foods for lunch and supper, but I am convinced our energy level has dropped. When the grandkids go home, I think I'll keep a journal.

We took Alaina to see Madagascar 3 today.  We ate lunch right before we went so the popcorn would not be a temptation! The smell alone is enticing! That's a good way to avoid tons of fat, eat first.

Since juicing, we are not only more conscious to eat more fruits and veggies, but our bodies seem to crave it.  I grabbed some fresh watermelon instead of a chocolate peanut butter cookie.  Heather made the cookies and they are pretty healthy, but the watermelon was much more satisfying! We have cherries, grapes, figs, oranges and all of them are so delicious.  It seems like the healthier you eat, the more you want it.

Tonight, we had a roasted veggie bake with turkey sausage and fresh corn on the cob.  You would love the dish, it's so easy to make and so tasty.  Cut up potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and onions; throw in a few cloves of garlic; drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and chili powder.  When it's done add some fresh spinach and let it wilt. Tonight, I threw in the turkey sausage to make it complete.

 
I have to tell you, Bill fell off the "wagon". He stopped by Krystals on the way home.  They just weren't that good to him - although he ate them anyway! Bill wanted me to clarify that he just ate 2 krystals and not the combo!  Whatever!! Plus, he had cake when giving blood. Okay, here's the deal - you cannot go back to old habits.


Daily I am seeing the benefits of juicing! Have you tried it?

No comments:

Post a Comment