Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I am a .....

......guinea pig! I hope you appreciate the extra mile we are willing to go for you! Ha! Ha! This week I had a list of new recipes to try. Tonight it was the Butternut Squash Penne recipe - WHAT A BOMB! We tend toward Mexican and Italian type foods, so I thought it would be good to try a plain, basic recipe. It was super easy to make but it wasn't good.  Basically, it was pasta, butternut squash, nuts and seasonings.  (Butternut squash is mild tasting, often compared to sweet potatoes.)  It was such a disaster that I contemplated if it had any redeeming value. I actually put some in a bowl and tried to "doctor" it.  I wondered if I could treat it as a pasta salad, so I added some Italian dressing, red bell pepper, onions, cheese chunks and black olives.  Still no success - I then added a small mixture of mayo and Dijon mustard.  It is in the frig chilling.  My best suggestion is - don't try it!  Well, you're welcome, we'll be glad to be your guinea pig any time!!  Hopefully, the rest of the week will be more rewarding!!
What a waste of pasta!

Shaved chocolate on top of
chocolate cheesecake


We went completely off the grid today with a HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE.  A listener stopped by WAFT to say "thank you." He appreciated the ministry of WAFT, knew we loved all kinds of recipes and brought us one of his specialties!  It was to die for!! I figured there were enough calories in it so I opted to skip lunch.  Sorta sad to come home to the pasta flop! I supposed I could eat another piece of cheesecake to take the place of dinner!

Well, you know what they say, "You win some, you lose some!"

No comments:

Post a Comment