Thursday, June 28, 2012

Driving by Dairy Queen....

Did Bill eat it?
Day 6....I was quite certain a Snicker Blizzard was calling my name as I drove down Ashley St. today.  It was tough, but I was on my way to return a watermelon so I would have felt pretty guilty scarfing down ice cream while returning produce (besides, Terry would have had my head)!  I was so looking forward to juicing the melon the night before but it was picked way before its time.  One of our recipes for juicing is watermelon, blueberries, and Swiss chard.

hmm...what to choose?
My favorite veggie drink (since we have to  drink 80% veggies to 20% fruit drinks) is something Terry found on the internet called Mean Green.  Its 6 kale leaves, 1 cucumber, 4 celery stalks, 2 green apples, 1/2 lemon, and a piece of ginger.  We modify it slightly since its a little too tart for us.  I leave off one of the pieces of celery and exchange one of the apples for a Golden Delicious.  Someone asked if we got hungry;  just the usual. If you ate at 6:30am, wouldn't you be hungry by 11? We just drink more juice.

The lady at Farmer Brown's asked me if juicing was hard to do.  She said she had done some juicing but couldn't find the time to continue it.  I was curious about that, unless she meant someone usually cooked and cleaned up for her.  It  takes less time to prepare, juice, and clean up the mess than normal cooking.  One of WAFT's listeners, Steve, posted a pic on Facebook of him "jumping up one morning" and doing some juicing.  We get everything from, "I would like to try that", or "I'll wait to see how it goes with you"; to my favorite - "not for me!"

I think its time for our evening snack.  Terry is not crazy about the heavy beet taste, so we'll go with the Cranberry Citrus which has cranberries, orange, apple, butternut squash ( I hope yellow crookneck works), and some kind of greens.

Our adventure continues......


No comments:

Post a Comment