Sunday, February 3, 2013

Cherry Cheesecake Dip!

It's Super Bowl Sunday and we're gathering with friends to watch the game and of course, EAT! Our gang loves to cook and we will have all kinds of great snacks.  I heard Meredith was making  pimento and cheese wontons!  Who would have thought?!  I'm anxious to see them and try them! I love new things.

I had a hard time deciding whether to make my jalapeno popper spread or try a new recipe...or both?!  Right off the bat, I put together a SUPER easy Cherry Cheesecake Dip! It is chilling in the fridge as we speak! Take 3 simple ingredients: cream cheese, cool whip and some marshmallow fluff = mix together, cover with cherry pie filling and serve with graham crackers. Seriously?! Can it be any easier? The taste of cherry cheesecake without all the work!

ONE - Pull anything out that strikes you!
I am all for throwing recipes together.  I was hankering for pasta, saw a lot of veggies in the fridge, and though, "Ummm, pasta salad."  I simply chopped all kinds of veggies, dill pickles and olives, cheese cubes (whatever you love) mixed with cooked pasta and Italian dressing. Scrumptious! Take a chance - just go for it! It was as easy as 1-2-3!

TWO - Chop
THREE - Mix!
Well, we fell off the wagon.  I put off buying groceries (our life has become increasingly hectic) and Bill was hungry.  Two reasons to come up with something fast.  Since Bill had a quick errand in town, I said, "Go ahead and grab a rotisserie chicken."  YES!  Those words just flew out of my mouth.  I made some creamy mash potatoes and some zipper peas to eat with it. It was quick and convenient but I wasn't like, "Man, have I missed having chicken!"

The time has come to do an evaluation.  We wanted to see if eating the vegetarian lifestyle would make a difference in our lives.  It hasn't been quite a year since we started this adventure.  We have had meat a few times (less than 8); like when we were invited over to someone's house to eat. (I think at times it may have been an inconvenience for others.)  Personally, it makes cooking supper with veggies a whole easier and faster, as long as you buy groceries!  We have tried many new vegetable recipes that we otherwise may not have tried (like potato/beet hash). We do not feel weak or that we are lacking anything. Is it something we want to continue? That is the decision we need to make now.

Our daughter is reading a book that I need to get started on! It's the Omnivore's Dilemma! You may want to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment