Friday, November 9, 2012

Ah, Friday night!

I love being at home tonight!  It's dark and chilly outside and warm and comfy inside.  I am propped up in bed, computer in my lap and all is right with the world. I may even jump on Pinterest in a few minutes. I have a zillion things to pin; Thanksgiving/Christmas ideas, vegetarian recipes, room layouts, all kind of fun things.

Comfort food!
Question for you.....what does a package of spaghetti, a bag of steamed cauliflower/broccoli/carrots, and a jar of fettuccine have in common?  The fastest "comfort" meal you can throw together.  Add a lettuce wedge on the side and you are good to go! It was scrumptious!

Tomorrow I have plans to cook several things! Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup, Mexican Rice and some homemade refried beans.  I figured if I go ahead and cook a few things up, I could just heat up supper the first of the week.  I have this crazy idea! I am going to make some bean tacos and instead of adding the typical lettuce, cheese, sour cream and pico de gallo on top, I am going add that sweet and spicy coleslaw that I made the other day.  What do you think?  I'll get those recipes cooked up first and then if I have time left, I may fix some things for the freezer.

The weather is changing and before long we'll have to cover our hanging plants.  I saw this cool idea that would work well on the side of our house. We have a small greenhouse but we keep adding more and more plants.  Besides, Bill likes to start his spring seeds early and he'll need room for all the trays.

Bill is running in a 10K race tomorrow. He's so dedicated! Argh! I'm doing good just to get my walking in....much less run.  I still haven't started the Couch to 5K. Seems like every time I think I can start, something comes up. Plus, it gets dark so early at night. I am wondering if I can do the program on a treadmill..ummmmmm?!

No comments:

Post a Comment