Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Quick and easy...and oh, so good!

Looking for a quick and easy recipe? Heather and I made Ruth's Red Lentil and Potato Soup today for lunch. It's a hearty meal that takes no time to throw together.  If you want it more "soup like", increase the broth towards the end. Heather grabbed her camera and took pics just to show you how easy it was step by step:

Saute onions and celery - love the smell!

Add spices - I would probably increase the amounts

Potatoes, carrots and garlic - it keeps getting better

Add vegetable broth (could use chicken)

The recipe called for red lentils, we had brown on hand so....

Chopped kale

Add to soup

Simmering

Spoon it up- notice ours is more stew like

Noah signing for "more" food

One quick note - the recipe calls for "file powder."  I had never heard of it.  It's actually a spice made from sassafras leaves and used for thickening - definitely not needed. I also added some green jalapeno tabasco sauce.  It's mild and I like the flavor.  Try it and let me know how you like this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment