Friday, August 24, 2012

Birthday cake?!

It's party time!......Amanda and Gene came home today so we can celebrate her 21st birthday! The baby of the family. It's hard to believe she got married a year ago. We have a fun day planned tomorrow....grilled hamburgers, Paula Deen's "Caviar" with chips, watermelon,  more good food, family and friends! Jennifer is making a special cake, I'll take a pic for you to see it. Now, here's the quandary, do I keep juicing??? I had planned to go 21 days straight, at the last minute Amanda called and said they could come.  It's a little hard to juice sitting at a table watching everyone eat. Ummmmmm........what shall I do? What do you think I will do? 

I have run into several people that are now trying juicing.  Yay! They are all juicing and watching what they eat.  That's a great way to start.  Juicing "full time" isn't something you do all the time; generally, you do it to clean out your system or lose weight.  Juicing can easily be incorporated into a normal lifestyle.  "What's it like?" is a typical question that we are asked. I had forgotten that the first few days can be a little rough - you might even feel like you have the flu. I actually thought I was getting the bug the beginning of this week when I started juicing, I completely forgot about the changes your body goes through!  Here is a great site with basic questions that most people ask, be sure to check it out.  It will probably answer some of the questions on your mind.

Several people have told me that tried a juice drink at The Main Squeeze. Did you know they moved across from the movie theater? I haven't ever tried wheat grass, but it is available from them.  Be daring, you'll never know what you are missing.  Juicing has so many benefits, just work on adding it in to your routine. Seriously, what are you waiting for?


Now, I just need to get back into the routine of walking.  I am OFF!!!  It's so easy for life to get us off schedule.  It's not only the unexpected, but just a basic schedule change, weather change, company dropping by, you name it...it can happen.  I need to start back, but it's a little hard with company here.  I mean, who wants to be sweating on a treadmill while you're trying to talk. I must, I must, I must!  Maybe Saturday night when everyone has gone home? I'll probably just feel like crashing.  It's that first step.  I will, if you will.  It always helps to be accountable to someone - then you feel more obligated to do it! You can always join our SOLE MATES walking team on WAFT.





No comments:

Post a Comment