Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I think I can...I know I can!

Day 2.......another day of juicing down. Yay!  I must admit it wasn't too hard today; even with Bill cooking up all kinds of things in the kitchen.  I jumped on the scales the  first thing this morning - I just couldn't help it! It's always encouraging to see the numbers go down, especially with such little effort! Since I have a new friend, Kerry, who is juicing with me, I have been doing some reading about eating raw foods - just raw foods. That opens another whole door of discussion! We'll save that for down the road.

I mentioned yesterday that the grapes were loaded on our grapevines. Here's a great article about the health benefits of grapeshttp://www.juicingandrawfoods.com/grapes-health-benefits.html If you have time, check out some of the other articles, pretty resourceful site! There seems to be a debate as to whether you can have grape seeds in our Breville juicer.  Seems crazy to me...we have apple seeds, lemon seeds, etc, what's a few grape seeds?  Here's a recipe I am going to try tomorrow: 15 grapes, 1 orange (peel skin, leave pith), 1 lb of carrots.

Bill just put the fall squash in the ground and cleaned up the other beds.  He also plowed up the zinnias!  They were so pretty this summer.  He has already started some more from seeds, so I may get to enjoy another batch before the frost.

This round of juicing may be harder than the last time.  I was able to work around holidays and birthdays, this time we have 3, yes 3, birthdays within a week of each other.  I am going to have to do some thinking on this.  You know the old saying about planning....I have some thinking and planning to do!








No comments:

Post a Comment