Saturday, October 20, 2012

Grilled pizza!

Roasted Corn Vendor
Our vegetarian journey continues......This past week we were at the Sunbelt Expo in Moultrie for three days. I wasn't sure how hard it would be to find acceptable foods since we were going to be there all day.  Most of the foods were non-vegetarian friendly.  But, as it worked out, I was able to go meatless the entire time. I found baked potatoes, green beans, roasted corn, and veggie subs.  AND I did indulge one afternoon with a scoop of ice cream.  Also, each day I took a full water bottle of juice.  It comes down to this - where there's a will, there's a way! 
Grilled, ready for toppings
Today we made pizza on the grill!  It makes the crust crunchy and has a more authentic flavor.  I made a simple tomato, caramelized onions and basil pizza with mozzarella cheese. Our first attempt to grilling the crust went well, although I prefer my crust thinner.

Ready to eat!

My body feels like it needs a little rebooting, so next week I think I'll go back to juicing two meals and eating one meal.  I have been online finding all kinds of great menus for supper next week. Pinto beans/rice in the crockpot, three veggie casserole, eggplant parmesan, lots of new things.  Find some great recipes here.

I am thinking about trying The Couch-to-5K Running Plan. I have been doing some walking and that's about it.  I need a more disciplined plan and something that will challenge me. This plan helps get new runners off the couch and onto the road running 3 miles in just 2 months!  I have never been a runner so I am not sure how well I will do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment