Tuesday, October 23, 2012

NEW recipes!

Tried two new recipes tonight that we enjoyed!.............. I am finding that by taking meat out of our diet that we are trying more vegetables and in many new ways.  There are so many great recipes to try.  It just takes a little time to hunt through and find them.

So tonight.....first, we made a vegetarian casserole.  It's a quick and EASY recipe that you can throw together using almost any combination of vegetables.  I used broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. I like reading reviews to see how others have "tweaked" the recipe.  The only additions I made was to add some Italian seasoning and sage (as suggested by others). It was like a breakfast casserole with steamed veggies.  Filling and good.....nice texture.


Secondly, we made Sweet and Spicy Coleslaw.  It was FABULOUS!  This recipe came from the Neelys of the Food Network.  I have never been a fan of sweet cole slaw and have always made the "southern" recipe with cabbage, onions, salt, pepper, and mayo.  This recipe was out of this world with flavor! Again, after reading the reviews I cut the sugar in half and cut the cayenne back a bit.  It does have a bite, but seriously, we loved it!

In just a few minutes, I am going to make a recipe for lunch tomorrow. It's called Sloppy Sams. Not sure why the name was changed from sloppy joes...but the same idea.  It uses lentils as the base. I find that having a plan makes eating vegetarian much easier. We continue to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment