Sunday, October 14, 2012

Soooo close!!!

28 days and counting...ALMOST!!! I am so bummed with myself! Our vegetarian lifestyle was going so well - notice, I did not say vegetarian DIET - until Friday.  We had a ton of work to do at WAFT and we called in volunteers to help.  We fed everyone pizza for lunch and WITHOUT THINKING I had the pepperoni pizza!  I was so aggravated with myself.  It didn't matter, or even hurt me to have the pepperoni, I just wanted to see how long I could go without meat.  I keep telling Bill to have meat if he wants it, but he is still opting out (for the most part).  My mom cooked supper for us the other day and he decided to have some (in his words, "Very small pieces of roast and chicken!").  I will admit the smell of the roast filled the air as we walked into her house. I could imagine how it would taste with thick brown gravy covering it. But no temptation for me! So far, the vegetarian lifestyle seems to agree with our bodies very well.  It's not for everyone but it is working well for us!


Meatless stir fry! Never missed the meat!

I tried a new stir fry recipe today.  Perhaps I should say, "I started with a new recipe and completely made it over."  I had read about using peanut butter in the stir fry sauce but had never tried it, so, why not? I am game to try something new! We had all kind of veggies in the frig to use; broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, onions, peppers, cabbage, etc.  I used them all. I made the peanut butter sauce as directed BUT it was way too strong for me.  At that point, I opened the frig and went crazy "fixing" the recipe by adding all kind of stuff.  One of the extra ingredients I added was Sriracha, a hot chili sauce.  It gave it a nice kick.  I also decided to use spaghetti noodles instead of rice.  I would have loved trying to make fried rice, but time was a factor.  Ironically, it was pretty good. Sadly,  I could never duplicate it again.

This week we will be at the EXPO.  I'm already planning on taking fruits, nuts, our "mean green" juice, etc.  I just don't think eating a bunch of fair type foods would be worth it in the end.  No funnel cake for me!  Bill - well, that's another story! We will see if the temptation is too much. If you are in the area, come by and see us!  The EXPO is Tuesday-Thursday.  We'll have a drawing for a Acer Netbook!  Compliments of Circuit Board Computers and Technology, Valdosta! A big thanks to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment